The proliferation of social media in our lives, for better or worse, has truly changed our society. You cannot go a day without reading about a tweet, a video, or post on social media that elicited a heated exchange. It seems that freedom of speech is being tested daily!
For dentists, however, social media has become a positive tool (for the most part!) that allows us to connect with our colleagues in ways many of us never thought possible just a decade or so ago.
Being in private practice can be lonely at times, especially if you are a solo practitioner. If you wanted an opinion on a case, you’d try to call your friend and hope he/she is free the exact same time as your call, try to look it up on your dusty dental school textbooks, or go on a message board and hope that someone responds soon and not next week!
To meet up with other dentists, you would then have to wait until the next study session was held or try to schedule a trip when the next major dental conference was held. It was not easy nor was it very cost effective. You truly felt you were an island in the middle of a vast ocean.
Social media has changed that. With groups such as Nifty Thrifty and the Business of Dentistry, you can jump online and exchange knowledge with other dentists instantaneously. Most of the time, there will be other dentists online the same time and you get a response quickly.
How amazing is that? The ease of the exchange of knowledge and advice is unprecedented. We have made friends all over the world that we might not ever had a chance to meet otherwise.
Dr. Hoffpauir, of the Business of Dentistry, and I have decided to take this one step further. We are hosting the Dentistry Live Summit in June in Las Vegas. We’re bringing together Facebook communities for a face to face! All Facebook groups are invited.
Not only will you have an opportunity to meet your online colleagues, you and your team will have ample opportunities to earn CE credits, participate in informative workshops but you’ll get to hear from an amazing panel of speakers!
So come join us June 26-27th at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas for a great opportunity to meet and socialize with your dental colleagues and have a lot of fun doing so!
Hope to see you there!
Find out about:
- Leveraging the power of social media to help your dental practice
- The great panel of speakers we have put together who truly want to help other dentists thrive
- How Dentistry Live Summit is your must go-to event for the year
- In the spirit of the open exchange of information, all dental social media groups are invited
Now what about that Nifty Thrifty deal?
- Early bird pricing is still on! It is only $250 for the entire team! Yes, bring your you and 3 members of your team for a team building event, reward your staff, have some fun, and earn great CE.
The early pricing ends soon so purchase your tickets here!
- If you are a graduating senior dental student, we’ve got you covered! As a welcome to the online dental community, we’d like to offer a FREE ticket to the first 75 4th year dental students who sign up for this offer.
- Once the 75 free tickets are issued, it won’t be a free but you can still get a discounted ticket ($100 off the doctor pricing).
Click here for more information on how to take advantage of this student offer.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a commission at no additional cost to you. The funds we receive are small and go towards running this site and our podcast. For more information about our affiliate policy, please click this link.