Dr. Raghunath Puttaiah is a tenured professor at Texas A&M College of Dentistry and is a trainer for OSHA and HIPAA protocols. He joins Glenn and Vinh to talk about how to save money in your dental practice by not overdoing personal protective equipment and also the dangers of keeping up with the “Dental Joneses.” Dr. Puttaiah also discusses random topics ranging from ghost peppers to rectal exams.
Notes of Interest:
- Recorded “Live” at Pho 69 – Dallas’ newest Vietnamese restaurant
- Dr. Raghunath Puttaiah has been dubbed “The Dental Yoda” by Glenn and Vinh by mixing in humor as he weaves his infinite wisdom much like the Jedi Master.
- According to Dr. Puttaiah, Dental students of today are a little more savvy due to their technology skills
- Personal protective equipment = Gown, mask, gloves, eye protection, and headwear
- Many offices “waste” money by not knowing which personal protective equipment is appropriate for the procedure
- The danger of “Keeping up with the Joneses” applies to inside your practice as well as beyond it
- Fake President Barack Obama makes an appearance
- Nifty Thrifty Dental Deal of the Week = Nitrile gloves from Sam’s Club – $4.25 per 100 gloves (Updated Pricing)
- Nifty Thrifty Foodie Deal of the week = Taco Bell’s Naked Chicken Chips Box includes: 6 Naked Chicken Chips, Burrito Supreme, Crunchy Taco and a Drink – $5
Links from the Show
Nitrile gloves from Sam’s Club – https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-glove-large-2x200ct/prod18150526.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1
Taco Bell’s Naked Chicken Chips Box – https://www.tacobell.com/food/combos/naked-chicken-chips-box
Dr. Raghunath Puttaiah OSHA/HIPAA Training – http://www.osha4dental.com/