I’m gonna start off this week’s blog post by asking you three questions… Firstly, do you do Ortho in your practice? If so, do you do comprehensive Ortho? And, lastly, do you know how much Ortho treatment you end up referring out?
For many of us, Ortho isn’t something we’ve implemented into our dental practice. For those of us who have, we end up only tackling the tip of the iceberg or referring patients elsewhere. It’s a recipe for leaving heaps of money on the table, not to mention that we’re not improving as many lives as much as we potentially could. That’s why I was pumped to chat with the mastermind behind the Othordontic Teaching Institute: Dr. Jeffery Gerhardt.
The truth is, I always want to bury my face in my palm when I hear dental thought leaders telling younger dentists to stay in their lane—whether it’s about wisdom teeth, endodontics, or Ortho—and I love that Jeffery is the exact opposite. Jeffery is passionate about helping GPs add Ortho to their businesses—in fact, Jeffery has helped over 300 dentists (and counting) to learn and implement Ortho—and he has good reason for not slowing down anytime soon.
After he graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1988 with a degree in business management, Jeffery decided he wanted to pivot his career. So, in 1992, he graduated from the Texas Health Science Center Dental Branch in San Antonio, Texas. While he was in dental school, Jeffery realized they didn’t teach much about Ortho and, when they did, they made it more complicated than it needed to be. And while Jeffery knows that teaching Ortho requires a lot of learning, he believes it’s actually very easy to do—not to mention what it can do for your practice.
Thus, a few years after graduating from dental school, Jeffery found his calling. After opening a general practice in 1992 down here in Texas, Jeffery took a two-year course in Dallas, TX to learn all about Ortho. Soon enough, he became an Orthodontics instructor for the Academy of GP Orthodontics. And he wasn’t just any instructor, either: he’s a Diplomat of the Academy of GP Orthodontics (that’s the highest recognition!).
While Jeffery had a blast over at the Academy and loved the folks he surrounded himself with, he was irked by the fact that the group didn’t want to modernize. The latest and greatest technologies make the learning process so much easier, and one of the best ways for any dentist to learn—Ortho or not—is through hands-on learning. Think about it: when you were in dental school, learning about how to do a filling, they didn’t just show you pictures before sending you on your way.
That’s why Jeffery teaches in a hands-on way during his 10-session course, where you practice by treating patients rather than learning by working on models or watching videos. You’ll learn how to competently treat Orthodontic cases of varying difficulties, from minor tooth alignments, mixed dentition, to extraction cases. Even better, you don’t have to wait until you complete the course to start cases in your own practice — your instructor provides complimentary mentoring on the cases you start in your practice during the course. In fact, Jeffery and his colleagues over at OTI encourage you to bring patient records to Friday sessions for mentoring. But, that said, they’ll be providing the patients for you—it’s not up to you to find patients for honing your Ortho craft.
So, what’re you waiting for? Tune into this week’s episode to learn all about Jeffery, OTI, and what Ortho can do for your dental practice.
- How can you dramatically transform your practice by enrolling in OTI’s 10-session course using self-ligating brackets?
- How can you easily recover the course tuition just by completing just three or four Orthodontic cases in your own practice?
- How can you add $15,000+ to your monthly production by starting just 3 Orthodontic cases a month?
- What percent of Ortho cases can somebody expect after taking Jeffery’s course? What kind of cases make up the majority of Ortho cases?
- How does OTI provide patients for you to hone your Ortho craft? How do they ensure that every patient is starting at the same time vs. having patients who are on different stages of ortho treatment?
- How is there ongoing support for those who finish the course? How does Jeffery still help his graduated students to implement Ortho?
- How much Ortho does Jeffery himself perform from day to day? How does he usually go about the process, increase efficiencies, etc.?
- And more!
- Nifty Deal: $5500 discount on tuition if enroll by June 30, 2022 at https://orthodonticteachinginstitute.com/or call 1 (737) 242 – 7455, normally $14,995 now $9495.
- 18-month interest-free financing available. Want to know more? Take our 5-hour Intro to Ortho Course on June 25.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a commission at no additional cost to you. The funds we receive are small and go towards running this site and our podcast. For more information about our affiliate policy, please click this link.